POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Will not render : Re: Will not render Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Will not render
From: Steve Wilson
Date: 17 Oct 2001 10:14:05
Message: <3bcd922d$1@news.povray.org>
Hello Steve again,

Ok, I modified the line HISTOGRAM_TYPE=X to HISTOGRAM_TYPE=NONE. This
allowed Povray to attempt to render the object, but now povray will not
fully render the objects, and will only show the background if it is a
reflection, anyone have any ideas how to get this working?  I would enjoy to
have the ini files from someone already using Moray 3.3 and Povray beta that
is currently working, I have plugging, but have not added them due to the
fact I cannot get the program working without.  I good at using computers,
so you problem will not be talking over my head.  I have taken 2 years of
C++ programming, collage level, and I am also a computer repair man.  It is
just the documentation with the software, and on the site do not seem to
cover these types of problems.  I am almost sure it has something to do with
my Moray configuration.  Thanks again... What follows is the output that
povray gives when I try to render now.

Thanks.

DISCLAIMER : The POV-Team takes no responsibility for the operation of
third-party GUI Extensions.
             DO NOT send us bug reports if they cause things to go haywire.

GUI Extension 'Moray Communications DLL' loaded from 'MorayCtrl.DLL'
  Report any problems to Lutz Kretzschmar <lut### [at] stmuccom>

Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer(tm) for Windows.
POV-Ray for Windows is part of the POV-Ray(tm) suite of programs.
  This is version 3.5.beta.6.icl.win32.
The POV-Ray software is Copyright 1991-2001 POV-Team(tm).
This Windows version is Copyright 1996-2001 Christopher J. Cason.
  It is distributable only under the conditions in POVLEGAL.DOC.
  Select Help|About (or press Alt+B) for more information and a copy of
POVLEGAL.DOC.

The terms POV-Ray, POV-Team, and Persistence of Vision Raytracer are
trademarks of the
  Persistence of Vision Development Team (POV-Team)

POV-Ray is based on DKBTrace 2.12 by David K. Buck & Aaron A. Collins.

Primary POV-Ray 3.5 Developers: (Alphabetically)
 Chris Cason         Thorsten Froehlich  Nathan Kopp         Ron Parker

Primary POV-Ray 3.0 & 3.1 Developers: (Alphabetically)
 Steve Anger         Dieter Bayer        Chris Dailey        Andreas Dilger
 Steve Demlow        Alexander Enzmann   Dan Farmer          Eduard Schwan
 Timothy Wegner      Chris Young

Major Contributing Authors: (Alphabetically)
 Steve A. Bennett    David K. Buck       Aaron A. Collins    Mark Gordon
 Pascal Massimino    Jim McElhiney       Douglas Muir        Bill Pulver
 Robert Skinner      Zsolt Szalavari     Scott Taylor        Drew Wells